(Guide) Fix Error 3194 on IOS 5.0.1

Took me 2 hours and 30 mins to fix error 3194 on iPhone 4 running 5.0.1. Tried so many tricks found via google but none of them worked until i changed the host file.
Tried tiny umbrella, iReb and redsnow (just boot) just to kick me out of apple logo. I was stuck with apple logo and whenever i tried restoring to FW for IOS 5.0.1, i get 3194 error. I was about to give up and submit to the idea that i’m losing my only phone. I was already thinking of a back up phone to use in the morning when i get to my usual working day.

Note: Copy 1st your original hosts file to notepad after changing using this trick.

Here’s the step, Sharing the steps i followed to fix 3194 ( realized how easy it was ).
  • Search for the host file.
c: windows/systems32/drivers/etc/(HOST)
  • Open the file. ( Either you right click and use open with or whatever trick)
  • Ctrl + A then paste this:
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a ‘#’ symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com
# source server # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com
# x client host 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com



I've tested today using official fw and custom w/out any error appear in iPhone 4.

5 comments:

socalinvestor said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

When nothing else worked, and I checked sooooo many sites on apple and using google, your instructions were the cure. Worked beautifully!

--=§¢Ø®ÞÎöÑ=-- said...

i'm trying...lets see i tried every tutorial online and now i'm trying yours...letsee!

--=§¢Ø®ÞÎöÑ=-- said...

i tried its not working? what to do?

amarela said...

I can't change my host file! when I go to save the file it says I can't save it in that location.

Unknown said...

I hv tried ur trick but 3194 error still appears. em using windows 8. help me

Post a Comment

Owned & Updated by Mark Lester A. Alarcon; ©2010-2012 iDroid Services. Powered by Blogger.
 

Copyright © 2009 i-Droid Services Designed by csstemplatesmarket

Converted to Blogger by BloggerThemes.Net